New Jersey Continuing Education COURSE
Diversity: Your Kaleidoscope of Clients
The real estate market reflects the diverse population in the U.S., and the successful real estate professional understands and adapts to diverse client needs.
This course will enable you to serve your clients in a nondiscriminatory manner and help them understand fair housing protections that may apply. What's new in fair housing? What isn't?
Course highlights include:
- The newest fair housing guidelines relating to criminal background screening, reasonable accommodation for assistance animals, and hoarding
- A look at the socioeconomic impact of discriminatory practices in housing
- An online test to check your own inherent bias
- The court case that led to sexual orientation and gender identity being afforded federal fair housing protection
- Resources that will help you identify and better serve the diverse populations within your market
- Statistics and demographics on homeownership from:
- The National Association of REALTORS®
- The U.S. Census Bureau
- The National Fair Housing Alliance
- Two proposed additions to the seven federally protected classes