New Jersey Continuing Education COURSE
AAA: All About Agency
Agency is integral to your real estate practice. You'll want a clear understanding of which duties you owe to clients and customers, and which duties can be performed for others without breaching obligations to your clients. Knowing what to disclose, when to disclose it, what to keep confidential, and all the other detailed requirements built into agency relationships is crucial for a successful, legal real estate practice.
This six-hour course provides New Jersey licensees with an understanding of the agency relationships that can be formed with buyers, sellers, tenants, and landlords, and the parameters for the services that may be offered with each type of relationship. It also helps prepare you to explain agency relationships to consumers and appropriately manage consumer expectations.
- Agency-client relationships; the difference between a client and a customer, and how agency relationships are created
- Agency definitions and an agent’s fiduciary duties
- Types of agency relationships
- The importance of agency disclosure
- Agency considerations in the context of property management
- The importance of safeguarding client funds and confidential information
- Buyer agency and of seller agency
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts